Painful Experiences.....

Wouldn't Life have been so beautiful if you did not have to worry about certain people, and what they do or did?While settling down to have my breakfast a few hours ago, I just thought of the few sweet people that have come my way this year. It did take me a while to warm up to them, if you know what I mean. I'm asking myself, 'are they phony?' , 'do they really care?', 'what's in this for them?'.. That's what happens when your mind has been messed up, and sadly your heart has been sliced into two as well.
As I gleefully poured blueberry yoghurt into my oats, I shook my head in pain. How did I ever make it through that season of anguish and bitterness? It seemed like yesterday, but at the same time it felt like a  totally different dimension. Honestly, I felt a twinge of pain unconsciously going down memory lane, but I quickly looked at how far I've come. I may not have accomplished a lot career wise, but I am stronger; firmer in my decision making.
Am I broken? You bet I am. Do I wish I never went through that period? Of course. Do I wish I was wiser back then? Certainly.
I can't turn back the hands of time; I can't reverse the actions of the people that hurt me, or how I let it hurt me, but I am wiser.
I can't explain it, but the process of pain is like Don Williams' classic "Pressure makes diamonds". I see certain people who live life with such innocence and purity, and I envy them. I envy their innocence, and I wonder , how did these people ever make it through life intact?
I have had to pick up my life piece by piece and along the way thought, is it worth it? Can these pieces ever come together and give me a meaningful life?
I know the answer now.. Yes, it can happen. It takes time(and a long one at that), and it's not like you set out to heal, but the decision to just live one day at a time differently just helps you walk away from the pain.
Will you trust again? Maybe, maybe not. That's up to you. It is the hardest, especially if you were a good and faithful friend to the end, and betrayal and deceit was just what you were fed continuously. So my darling, if you let your heart heal, yes, you can trust again, and have a wholesome experience.
You never forget painful experiences,but you can consciously get over it. Life is too short to be embittered all the way, and lash out the beautiful friendships hanging on the tree of Life. Pluck them, bite into them, and feel refreshed.

Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Life really that dramatic?

Help, I've had a Wardrobe Malfunction!

Another Chance at Life!